Saturday, September 19, 2009

Command line & DOS

Enable the Tab key to complete filenames in command line windows (XP)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor
"CompletionChar"=dword:00000009


Delete the recycle bin folder at DOS level

Delete the recycled directories (each partition has its own recycled directory) Export [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\BitBucket] when the bin is empty,
and import it after deleting the directories (contains the # of files in the bin) Export
USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon] when
the bin is empty, and import it after deleting the directories (controls which icon [full/empty bin] is
displayed) Note: I used to delete the recycled directories under Windows 98. I do not know whether it works or not under Windows 2000 and XP.


Have DOS execute a batch file when restarting in DOS (98)

In the Windows folder, right-click on ExitToDos > Properties > Program > Advanced > Specify a
new MS DOS configuration. Add your entry to the autoexec.bat section for MS-DOS mode.


How to make a MS-DOS XP Startup Disk

Put a floppy disk in your floppy drive. Go to My computer, and right click on A:/.
Click on format, and then at the bottom, click Make Boot Disk. Click Format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.
 

Tips And Tricks Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER